OmniTel Namibia’s Service Guarantee
A telephone system is a long term investment. Choice of the proper supplier is therefore just as important as choosing a system of the right size and with the necessary features.
This means that the critical customer will not only choose a supplier who simply offers telephone systems, but one who is also prepared to advise him individually, to plan according to his personal requirements, and who is always on hand after the sale when the capacity of performance of the system has to be adapted to meet changing requirements.
A vendor like Unify, a vendor that is firmly rooted world-wide. In fact for over 160 years Siemens / Unify has and continues play a major role in many of Southern Africa’s communication infrastructures.
You can be assured that you are investing in one of the world’s best telephone systems as Unify is amongst the recognized world leaders in electronic engineering technologies, service a staggering 33% of the Fortune Global 500 companies
The Service Organization
To ensure that every item of Unify equipment continues to perform to its original specifications, you should also have an OmniTel maintenance contract.
This will guarantee continues reliability and serviceability.
With an OmniTel maintenance contract, we guarantee that your system will be operational again within 24 hours. You can therefore report faults directly to our help-desk based in Windhoek, Namibia.
This provides the sophisticated service infrastructure needed to service over 1600 PBX installations countrywide.
A complete record of service requests are kept on a central database, which various service request details e.g. Customer Name – Address- Service Reference number – Fault Reported – Equipment Type – Assigned Service Technician – Actual Fault and Resolution.
Over the past decades OmniTel Namibia has steadily grown with Southern Africa’s changing needs and is well equipped to install and maintain a wide range of products, as such every branch of the industry can and does take advantage of Unify’s commitment to Namibia.
OmniTel Namibia has service centers in Windhoek right down to Lüderitz, Swakopmund and the complete Namibian coast as well as in the eastern parts such as Gobabis and last but not least the entire northern part of Namibia including Otjiwarongo right up to Oshakati, Ondangwa, Katima Mulilo just to name a few.
Over 14 OmniTel technicians stand ready to provide you with the service you need, as fast as possible and as accurately as possible, where the operational reliability of your telephone system is at stake, we leave nothing to chance.
In addition to the extensive PBX service organization, the Technical Department provides full system and product support including research and development facilities.
OmniTel Namibia’s Service Level Classifications
To provide an urgency of response we endeavour to achieve the following:Upon report by the customer of a breakdown or deterioration in service attributable to the equipment, the OmniTel Help-desk Adminstrator, together with the customer, will determine the code type applicable.
For the purpose of a simplified guideline the following codes and corresponding response times may be expected:
Type A Response (1-2 HOURS)
This code is normally allocated if the system is in-operative 50% or more of its capacity up to a complete system failure.
- All Operator consoles out of service.
- Critical extension or trunk line failure
- Any other failure of major consequence to the customer
Type B Response (2-4 HOURS)
This is normally allocated where up to 50% system failure is being experienced.
- Major cross talk.
- One way speech or frequent cut offs.
- Similar semi urgent fault conditions.
Type C Response (4-12 HOURS)
Such faults are geneneraly of minor consequence, such as
- Extension faults.
- Failure of auxiliary equipment – not major to the function of the main equipment.
- General faults which may be attended to in this time frame.
Type D Response (1-7 days)
- Such as facility changes / programming changes.
- Augmentations and installations.
- Customer Specific Integration and Development
- Traffic studies
Please note that response times are working hours measured from the time the fault was reported by the customer to the OmniTel Namibia Help-desk in Windhoek and not to individuals or Technicians on “Customer Sites”, until the arrival of the Technician at the Customer’s premises. Travelling time to be allocated for customers outside 50 km radius or service centres.
Maintenance Agreement Benefits
The maintenance agreement will provide the following benefits to the customer:
- All Fault-related service requests will be free of charge with no limits on the amount of visits or hours spend during working hours. After-hour’s service requests will be against very favourable labour rates. N$560 per hour.
- PBX systems are covered against lightning damage as well as fluctuations in the main electricity supply. The only exclusions are theft, fire (building) and water damage.
- Programming changes: N$220.00 per ten changes remotely and N$450.00 per ten changes on site.
- Cable point installation: N$450.00 per indoor point.
- Customers who have a Maintenance Agreement in place will receive service priority over Non-Contractual Customers.
- Guaranteed response times as per Service Level Classifications.
- Access to 24 hour standby service of a qualified service engineer.
- Access to free advice regarding their telephone equipment.
Help-desk Contact Details
Fixed Line: +264 (61) 278 777
Fax: +264 (61) 278 778
After Hours Standby: +264 (81) 127 7723